Saturday, September 27, 2014

컵라면+삼각김밥

My dormitory's cafeteria doesn't serve dinner on Saturdays. Usually I go out eat with my friends somewhere, but due to my money-emergency, I need to find the cheapest (and probably free) food for dinner. Buying a ramen is a cheap way but I have indigestion problem so I can't eat only noodles. I need to eat a small amount of rice too. So today I made the dinner idea that's been hanging in my mind for weeks: 

Ramen Cup + Onigiri!
컵라면 + 삼각김밥


This is probably the easiest meal to make, you know, second after boiling the cup ramen itself. And it's a lot cheaper then eating out in a restaurant. I bought CU's cheese flavored Odari Ramen and SPAM Onigiri with total 1,900. It's a perfect meal to make in days when you don't feel like going out or a little short on cash. Here's how I did it:





First I boiled the ramen like usual, but I didn't put the seasonings in because I wasn't going to eat it with the water. Then I covered the cup and left it for about 4 minutes to let the noodles expand. While waiting I refilled my empty water jar so I could drink right after I finish eating the whole thing.




After 4 minutes, I strained it so the cup was filled with only the cooked (but not soggy) noodles. Then I put in the seasonings which came in two different packagings. I was kinda hoping there would be a quick melt sliced cheese inside, but yeah it was only a cheese flavored powder. 




Then I mixed them all with the provided chopsticks. It was a little bit difficult because of the powder seasonings, so maybe using a fork is a better option if you're not used to chopsticks. I had to stir the noodles around for a couple of times to see and make sure the seasonings are mixed well.




This is the onigiri I was talking about! It's not really an onigiri, we call it the triangle-shaped kimbab here. I chose the Spam one, just because it's so much better than the usual ones! Lol. I heated it for about 20 seconds, because if it's too cooked the seaweed will be soggy. But I heated it when I was still at the store before heading back to my dorm, so by the time I arrived it was a little bit soggy.




A lot of people don't know how to open the onigiri wrapping. If you look at the wrapping, there are numbers on every corner from 1 to 3. Number 1 is on the top, there is a little part of the plastic that you can hold and pull it downwards. It will divide the plastic into two parts, right and left, with a small line. Pull it until you get to the first point on the back side and it got off completely. Then while holding the left part with your left hand, grab the point on the right with your right hand then just pull it. Same goes to the left part. There you go, you don't have to make your hands dirty by opening the whole wrapping and losing the seaweed :)



Because my onigiri was a little soggy, I needed to use a spoon instead of my chopsticks to mix the rice and the noodles. It was difficult because the seaweed couldn't be torn, but the rice mixed pretty well after a couple times of stirring around. I made it with my noodles long, but I think it would be easier if I smashed the ramen a little bit before I boil it with hot water.




As result, it tasted reaaaalllyyy good. I definitely will make this again, but I'm gonna use a lot of different ramens to see which tastes the best!

19 comments:

  1. wow!! nice!! ;P
    You have a nice blog so...
    i am following you! what about KS? hope u like it!
    see u soon and enjoy the weekend!
    xoxo
    KS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!food looks good! Have always wanted to try onigiri before :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you like seaweed then you have to try onigiri because it tastes so good :P

      Delete
  3. wow great blog & very interesting *-* ~ xoxo yuki http://littleplanet-yuki.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pretty! ;) Sometimes I like to eat something 'from the bag', because I haven't a lot of time to prepare delicious dishes. Thanks for your comment. And I'm following you now ;) Maybe you like my blog and follow me too? I have new post with fall outfit ;) Hope you enjoy it ;)

    Kisses and hugs,
    Marentora :)
    www.marentora-everdream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girllll looking through your blog post made me hungrie as hell!! Hahahaha I keep thinking the noodles are super unhealthy but it's sooooo yummy!!!! T.T The way you mixed the onigiri with the noodles are GENIUS. Just followed you on GFC! Im hosting the world's easiest giveaway ever (literally 2-clicks and you're done) featuring Etude House bestsellers, so please check it out if you have a chance! Looking forward to your next post! <3

    xoxo, Mango ❤
    Freebie Giveaway! | Fall Trends 2014 Video

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg, I'm getting really hungry right now ;u; I might buy a cup noodle later on after seeing this post :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahha okay have a delicious cup noodle :P

      Delete
  7. Cheese flavoured ramen! Now that's something I gotta try.

    I... am one of those people who can't open onigiri wrappings. I kinda just unwrap the plastic and pray that I don't look stupid doing it. *hangs head in shame*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha don't worry, I couldn't do it too at first. If you try following the numbers, it's very simple and neat^^

      Delete
  8. I usually eat Shin Ramyun so I haven't tried this but I definitely want
    too. Amazing food post, kinda made me hungry & would you
    like to follow each other on GFC & Bloglovin to keep
    in touch?


    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shin Ramyun's my favorite, I have tried every ramyun sold in Korea but I still think Shin's the best :D

      Delete
    2. Followed you on GFC #63! Thanks for stopping by and
      following!

      X
      http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

      Delete
  9. Mm looks delicious! Have you seen the movie "Ramen Girl"? It's great!
    I'm following you on gfc, hope you'll follow back so we can keep in touch :)
    xx, Veni

    Style with Veni | Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I watched it few years ago.. Watching that made me hungry as hell :P

      Delete
  10. hi girl!it looks so yummy! wonderful blog! im following! hope you ll visit my page and follow me too! kisses!:)

    www.fashionizein.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWOW looks sooo yumm! I dont like too much seaweed but defiinitely gonna try this! shud taste amazing mixed with the ramen seasoning !

    Also thank you for dropping by my blog earlier! Would you like to maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    talesoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete