Monday, May 27, 2013

Nicest Weekend.... So Far!

Last weekend was the most interesting weekend I've ever had, so far in Korea. On Saturday the 25th, my boyfriend and I had our 14th monthsarry. Things were rough for us for couple weeks before, but it's getting better and better lately. Praying the hard times had completely passed O:)

Let's keep having frappuccino and milk tea for ever :)

My Indonesian friends and I were preparing a performance for the event Global Gathering which was held on Saturday, and we NAILED IT! The exhausting and nonstop practice was worth it. We performed a choir, some traditional dances, a hip-hop performance, and a 38 students' flashmob. The crowd was getting excited and more crowded when we were on stage, made us even more excited too.


A wish-globe I found in a stall, chose the pink marker to make myself a wish.

They performed a traditional capoeira dance, which seems like so much fun!







Got these from the Japanese stall... A kind of traditional opera mask, I guess?
Our Indonesian community at Kyungsung University also made a stall, we sold indomie cabe ijo and indomie rendang, bakwan, chocoball, some cocktails, and indonesian souvenirs. I bought myself one portion of indomie cabe ijo! Some of our community sang Indonesian songs in front of our stall making the tourists came over. We also had some friends dressed in Indonesian traditional clothes :)









On Sunday, we batch 8 students went to APEC Park to have a picnic. A real picnic with pizza, chicken, and kimbab roll on the grass. The weather was hot tho, and we had to wait for some hours before our friends came with our food. But when we had our meals the mood lightened up, and we did some crazy Gentleman dancing there. Not wanting to go home, we continued our picnic with renting bicycles and cycling around the park for around an hour. It was my first real outdoor moving bike after 6 years, I had some trouble balancing myself at first but I learned it again quickly! I even got to cycle without using both of my hands :D



A chocolate milk I bought on the way home. The vending machine didn't have any Jetty so I bought this. Jetty still tastes better :(

Then at night I went out for dinner with my friends. Actually some of us wanted to have all-you-can-eat samgyupsal, but the price was expensive so the rest of us didn't agree. We finally found a low-cost samgyupsal-look-alike restaurant so we decided to eat there. It was delicious, tho. It was not late yet so we walked around and tried some prize-taker machine (I don't know what it is called, it's the thing you put in money then you try to take a prize inside it). Ginting is an expert at this, he got me a Mollang pluggy for my phone yesterday. They also accompanied me to buy a new phone case for my phone. On the way back to our dorm, we dropped by to a baseball practice stadium in front of our school, and last to a billiard home right next to our dorm building.





This is chocolate.
You don't need to know the brand.
And you don't need to know what does it look like.

4 comments:

  1. waa.. i think that was very funny la~
    i wanna go there too ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. come come! :) many interesting places here to have fun!!^^

      Delete
  2. congrats on your 14th monthsarry! ;)
    so jealous of those korea food *-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks darlaaa ;) haahhaah they're damn deliciousss <3

      Delete